Visit Local Schools, Meet Local Students!
Here are some of the exchange opportunities available with local schools in Itoigawa. Please submit an application if you are interested in meeting with local students.
School Exchange Programs
Niigata Prefectural Kaiyo High School
Address: 3040 Nou, Itoigawa, Niigata
180 min - 240 min
- Class Visit
- Sit in on a Japanese classroom and experience education in Japan.
- Student Cultural Exchange
- Meet with local students and exchange opinions about themes including school life, culture, history and more.
- Sports Exchange
- Visit extracurricular activities including sports clubs and Kaiyo High School's nationally ranked sumo team. Participation opportunities are also available.
- School Tours
- Kaiyo High School is a maritime high school and has a number of unique facilities including an aquaculture facility and fishing ship. Fish feeding and other hands-on activities are available.
Applying for School Exchange
Please apply through a travel agent or other organization capable of communicating in Japanese.
Fill out the School Exchange Application Form and submit it by mail or fax at least two months before your planned travel date.
School Exchage Application Form PDF Word
Hotels & Other Accommodations
Sample Field Trip Courses
Coming to Itoigawa